With the new SE25, we add yet another tunnel diameter to our extensive program. With a tunnel diameter of only 110mm, the SE25 is suitable for vessels up to 24 feet depending of the vessels windage area. As with all the other thruster models in the SE series, the SE 25 also offers tremendous installation flexibility, as the thruster can be installed upon the tunnel in any angle and the thruster motor can be rotated on the motor bracket in 90 degrees steps.
The SE25 are galvanic insulated as the larger thrusters in the SE series and features Side-Powers patented IPC technology for intelligent power control and safety.
The SE25 is only available for bow installation.
Intelligent Power Control
The Side Power unique thruster controller that intelligently protects the thruster from potential inherent problems in all high current applications as well as user faults. It includes several important safety features imperative in a product with such high power, run by DC electrics, as a thruster.
- Provides delay between drive directions
- Monitors solenoid functions to reduce the chance of solenoid lock-in
- Will stop the thruster in case of a lockedin solenoid, without extra user action and even without controlling a main switch.
A properly engineered single propeller system will be the most energy efficient thruster. Its compact design fits easily into narrow bows making it the perfect match for our smaller models. With more than 60.000 single propeller thrusters in use, the Sidepower single series system has proven its reliability.
Sealed and lifetime lubricated gearleg
Sealed gearleg with long-life "mechanical" seal where highly polished ceramic and carbon surfaces form the only moving sealing surfaces, ensuring protection against damaging water intrusion into the gear leg. Pre-filled with special gear oil for lifetime lubrication.
- "Mechanical" seals with surfaces of ceramic and carbon for ultimate security against water intrusion
The gearhouse / drive legs of most Side-Power DC electric thrusters are now fully galvanically isolated / separated from the electric motor and motor bracket. This ensures that even if there is an accidental short circuit or a current leak for other reasons, the immersed parts are not effected as they could be with direct electric contact.
- Achieved by composite bushings around the bolts and beneath the washers and a bushing in the motor bracket electrically isolating the drive housing from the motor bracket.
- Available on DC electric models with flexible couplers only, where the flexible coupler provides galvanic separation of the motor and gearleg shaft.
The new 5 blade special skew propellers are the result of over 2 years of development work and thousands of tests. They have been designed to reduce the noise level, while maintaining the exceptional efficiency of the old 4 blade Side-Power propellers. This goal was achieved, and we even chose to make them a little bit more aggressive on some models, increasing the thrust on some thrusters about 5%. Please see individual information on each new thruster for more details.
- Noise reductions of up to 75% measured in controlled environments
- The expected and tested normal noise reduction in average installations: 20-40%
- Will be delivered on all Side-Power models except models with 300 mm and 385 mm tunnel diameter
- Upgrade kits are available for most SP series thrusters with special adaptors