The B&G H3000 Hercules Performance was chosen with four easy to read 20/20 displays on the mast. One of the key features of the B&G Hercules Performance package is the ability of the instruments to give next leg wind information to allow better sail choice for the next leg.
B&G H3000 Hercules Performance Electronics Package
- Weight was an important consideration during construction and the BEP C Zone system was chosen to reduce the weight of wire on board. The new B&G Zeus Navigation Stations were brought to the market at the same time and fitted perfectly with what the owner was trying to achieve with the vessel. The B&G Zeus screens connect via NMEA 2000 into the BEP C Zone and can completely control the electrical system on board and read information such as tanks levels and display them on screen.
- The helm pods were compact so space was an issue for autopilot controls, instrument displays, and navigation information. B&G Zeus 8” screens were chosen for each helm as they also control the autopilot and show the instrument information such as target boat speed and wind angles, providing a more compact helm pod. The chart plotter screen shows laylines at waypoints and allows overlaying of Weather Grib files. Zeus 8 displays this on an LED backlit screen for daylight viewing in strong sunlight.
- To satisfy the cruising element of the boat the autopilot is fully controlled at either helm by either Zeus 8 Screen allowing steer to wind, Nav or compass. Broadband Fishfinder was also chosen to allow the occasional fishing pursuit when on the summer cruise.
- Music is provided via the Simrad Sonic Hub iPod dock which also connects into the Zeus screen to control radio or music via iPod.
- Engine instrumentation is also displayed on the Zeus screens via an NMEA 2000 link to the yanmar engine.
- B&G Deckman Tactical Navigation Software is employed at the nav station to allow tactical decisions to be made on the longer races.
- To cap it off a Sailor Fleet Broadband 150 and Ericsson E35 Data terminal are connected to a Cappuccino fanless PC to provide internet connection during coastal and offshore racing and cruising.
Read more at the Lloyd Stevenson website