B&G BGH140001 Deckman C-MAP USB
Integrated weather and routing features introduced in Deckman v9.1
The main enhancement in version 9.1 is with the GRIB weather and routing. Previously Deckman displayed wind (speed and direction), barometric pressure and sea temperature. In v9.1 we have added the option to display precipitation (rainfall) and wave height.
In addition the Optimum Routing now allows the user to route around waves over a specific height, hence avoiding the worst seas which can slow the boat dramatically, whilst increasing the risk of damage.
Key Features and Benefits
- Display of Precipitation from GRIB files that allows clearer identification of weather fronts
- Display of Wave Height from GRIB files that allows the navigator to see the likely sea-state on the route
- Animation of GRIB files enables a clear visualisation of how the weather is likely to develop
- Use of Wave Height in Optimum Routing allows the navigator to route around waves over a certain size, increasing speed and reducing risk of damage
- UGRIB service has been updated to allow downloading of rainfall information. Fully integrated weather downloads from UGRIB, along with the existing Saildocs and OCENS Weathernet* services allow the user a choice of the leading weather services
- Multiple GRIB files may be loaded at the same time allowing a local hi-resolution file to be used alongside a wider area, lower resolution file, for example
- GRIB Manager allows the user to control and prioritise which GRIB files are in use
- Advanced GRIB options allows the advanced user to modify GRIB files